3 hour workshop in Dublin with Anya Kruger
- What is yoga?
- What is autism?
- Where does yoga fit in the school curriculum?
- Structure and duration of a yoga class for children
- Mindfulness Games: How to get calm and be good to yourself
- Breathing games: Finding your voice, calming breathing
- Routines that can make you more receptive for learning
- Routines that can help with sensory integration
- Routines that can help with co-ordination
- Relaxation for children
- Sample class
- Ideas for classes
- Useful props and books
- Comprehensive handout
Anya has been practising yoga since 2001. In 2010, she qualified as a yoga teacher with YTI and has been t3eaching children's yoga ever since - at first part-time and since 2011, full-time. .
At the moment, she teaches yoga during school hours in nine different primary, post-primary and special shools.
Children with autism have a very unique perspective and Anya especially loves working with them.
To stay up to date with the latest developments in children's yoga, Anya has attended various training programmes - most notably with the Special Yoga Centre in London in 2010, 2012 and 2015.
Anya is registered with the Teaching Council of Ireland and holds qualifications as a Special Needs Assistant and Honours Bachelor Degree in Business Administration.
She has experience as an SNA and has worked in adult education before she had children.